Phd in Space Science National Central University
Research groups in the Institute of Space Science include the upper atmosphere, ionosphere, magnetosphere, interplanetary space, solar physics, planetary science, space plasma simulation, radar meteorology, space payload design & development, and satellite remote sensing. The Institute is the sole institution in Taiwan providing such broad and complete programs in space science research and education; and continuously participates in several international space research projects, collaborating with space science institutions of other countries.
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 18 credits
Duration of Study: 2-5 years
Other requirements :
- Pass qualify examination before the beginning of the fifth semester after enrolling the Ph.D. Program.
- Publish at least one first author paper in an SCI journal.
- Pass an oral dissertation defense.
Research Facilities & Lab
- VHF Coherent Scatter Radar
- High-Speed Computing Lab
- Computer Lab
- Space Environment Lab
- Ionospheric Tomography Lab
- GPS and radio-wave propagation labs as well as ROCSAT I-IPEI payload Lab
- Satellite Science and Payload Engineering Labs