Doctor of Business Administration DBA Lucerne School of Business – Management Programs
Advanced International Management Expertise for Executives, Entrepreneurs and Aspiring Professionals
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program develops advanced business administration and management skills for executives, entrepreneurs and practice-oriented academics. By completing the DBA, candidates refine their competencies and perfect their ability to tackle their management and leadership challenges with innovative and scientifically grounded solutions.
Our increasingly international and interconnected world is creating novel and more complex challenges for executives in all industries, markets, and organizations. We believe that international structures and processes of our economy can be managed far more successfully if the people entrusted with them are equipped to operate effectively across national and cultural boundaries. Our DBA program offers advanced expertise in this realm, providing a one-of-a-kind development opportunity for ambitious and intellectually curious executives and entrepreneurs, whose work places them in international and intercultural settings, and who intend to master the resulting challenges meaningfully, insightfully, sustainably, and with intellectual rigor.
For this program, we have teamed up with the renowned Silpakorn University in Bangkok, Thailand – one of the best in Southeast Asia – to offer DBA candidates a well-designed and thoroughly coached pathway towards the doctorate degree, which is awarded by Silpakorn University. Jointly offering the DBA with Silpakorn University ensures that candidates’ doctoral journeys not only encompass intellectual and methodological rigor, but also a fruitful context for international and intercultural learning and development. This DBA can be attended in English throughout.
On the pathway towards the DBA, candidates may additionally acquire the diploma Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) International Management, awarded by the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
This joint DBA program is unique in Switzerland, because you will:
- study together with international peers
- be taught and advised by international faculty and experts
- be individually taken care of on your pathway towards the doctorate
- be able to complete your doctorate while working
- be able to join the program from across the globe, because program components are offered in a compact format, thereby limiting travel requirements
- have the option to acquire the diploma MAS International Management while completing the DBA
Is this an option for you? We would love to hear your questions and ideas. Reach out to us – we are happy to consult with you individually! Please click here for registration.
Executives, entrepreneurs and aspiring professionals with and without prior business management education who:
- intend to develop their professional competences and their methodological and problem-solving skills in order to master the complex international and intercultural contexts of their professional lives competently and confidently,
- want to operate deftly and effectively in an increasingly global and connected world,
- plan to qualify for leading or shaping an independent international organizational unit in their future careers with the requisite enterprising mind and organizational instinct,
- and who have the required entry qualifications (see "Entry Requirements")
on-campus in Lucerne; joining online is possible for candidates from abroad
- DBA-Colloquium 1 = Kick-Off: June 19, 2023, 8:00 – 14:00
- DBA-Colloquium 2 = September 22, 2023, 8:00 - 17:00
- DBA-Colloquium 3 = January 12, 2024, 8:00 - 17:00
- DBA- Colloquium 4 = March 18, 2024, 8:00 - 17:00
The Joint Study Weeks Lucerne / CAS International Management will be held
- Kick-off, June 15, 10:00 - 15:00 (online)
- Core program, August 28 - September 8, 2023 (whole-day seminars, on campus in Lucerne, Switzerland; including Saturday, September 3rd)
The Joint Study Weeks Bangkok will be held February 26 - March 8, 2024 (whole-day seminars, on campus in Bangkok, Thailand; including Saturday, Marc 2, 2024)
Modules 3A & 3B
You find the dates for the Elective Modules on the respective websites. Remark: These Modules are offered every year, at approximately the same time of the year as indicated on their websites.
- CAS Betriebswirtschaft
- CAS Leading Global Teams and Projects
- CAS Business Excellence
- CAS Business Transformation Management
- CAS Change Management
- CAS Sustainable ManagemeCAS Sustainable Management
- CAS Markt- und kundenorientiertes Management von Dienstleistungen
- International Weeks
Modules 4 & 5
The timing of and work on the Proposal/ MAS International Management (Module 4) and the Thesis (Module 5) will be individually arranged to match your specific progress in consultation with your advisors at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and at Silpakorn University.