PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Kaunas University of Technology
Double degree program with the University of Bologna, Italy.
Electrical and electronic engineering is one of the widest research fields. There are no sectors in industry or science that could develop without innovative electronic solutions. Investigations during doctoral studies are carried out in the fields, such as ultrasonic measurements and diagnostics in aviation, energy generation and supply systems, and other industrial sectors, applications of electronic solutions in biomedicine, monitoring and control systems for various economic and transportation facilities, including signal processing and imaging. Investigations are conducted using modern research tools and instruments in the ‘Santaka’ scientific valley. Doctoral studies of this field provide a possibility to carry out part of experiments in the research institutions of the United Kingdom and Italy.
The objective of the work of doctoral students is to propose and investigate innovative solutions for the above-listed sectors of industry and science.
Study program modules
- Electrical Measurement Techniques of Non-Electrical Quantities
- Digital Signal Processing Methods and Applications
- Electronic Information Systems
- Inovations and Global Knowledge-Economy
- Nondestructive Testing Techniques
- Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Ultrasonic Measurements
Core skills modules
- Academic and Technical Research Writing
- Design Thinking in Research
- Digital Support and Tools for Research Writing and Publication
- Research Data Management
- Research Ethics
- Research Project grant Management
- Science Communication for the Public
- Systematic Literature Review