Master/Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering and Technology East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST)
- Copy of Passport
- Certification of the highest education, transcripts, and HSK 4 Certification (Chinese-taught majors). Applicants whose native language or official language of the home country is not English should submit proof of English language proficiency in order to apply for English-taught programs (TOEFL≥70, IELTS≥6 or other proof of English proficiency)
- Acceptance Letter (if obtained)
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English). Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English). This should be a minimum of 800 words.
- Other supporting documents (e.g. published papers, awards & certificates)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
Chemical Engineering and Technology is one of the first batches of national key discipline. In 2000, it was rated as the top discipline in Shanghai. In 2008, It was included in the key construction discipline of the national "985 Project Innovation Platform”. In 2014, it was selected as the first-class discipline in Shanghai. In 2015, it was selected as the peak discipline in Shanghai, and selected as the “Double-First class” (first-class disciplines) construction plan in the world in 2017.
The School of Chemical Engineering is the main supporting unit for the discipline of chemical engineering and technology in ECUST. The school has the first batch of national doctoral and master's degree programs in chemical engineering and chemical technology, the first batch of post-doctoral mobile stations and the first batch of master's enrollment programs in engineering.
Scholarships and Funding
The current main scientific research directions include Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Separation Engineering, Chemical Process Intensification, Chemical Thermodynamics, Oil and Gas Processing, Carbon-I Chemical Industry, Energy Chemical Engineering, Materials Chemical Engineering, Chemical Product Engineering, and Computer Molecular Simulation.
It has outstanding advantages in the fields of Chemical Process Engineering and Product Engineering, especially in the field of Industrial Reaction processes and reactors.
It has distinctive features in personnel training in petroleum and chemical engineering, development of large-scale industrial reactors, and creation of high-performance materials, and has obtained great achievements.
East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST) is located in Shanghai, a center of commerce, finance, trade and shipping in China. ECUST was founded in 1952, which is one of the National Key Universities directly regulated by the Ministry of Education of China. Over nearly 70 years of development, ECUST has now developed from the 1st university in China famous for its chemical major to a comprehensive university covering 11 disciplines, including science, engineering, agriculture, pharmacy, economics, management, literature, law, art, philosophy, and education. And also it becomes one of the National '211 Project' Universities, the '985 Advantage Discipline Innovation Platform' Universities and the 'Double First-class Initiative' Universities.