Ph.D. - Chemical Engineering
Auburn University - College of Engineering
6 - 10 years
USD 1,680 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* Tuition listed is for international students and does not include additional fees; however, tuition waivers and graduate fellowships are available for on-campus students. Contact us for more details.
Why this degree?
The dissertation work involved in obtaining a Ph.D. in chemical engineering provides opportunities to obtain the skills necessary to define, formulate and solve novel problems and to make a significant contribution to the field.
What can you expect?
The faculty research adviser and student prepare a plan of study that is approved by the department chair and dean of the Graduate School.
Auburn Engineering Online Graduate Programs ranked 17th by U.S. News and World Report (2022)!
You are eligible to apply if:
- Provide transcripts from all institutions attended (the minimum GPA is 3.0 on the 4.0 scale).
- Provide your Graduate Record Examinations score.
- Provide a minimum of three letters of recommendation from former professor and supervisors.
- Present a statement of purpose to demonstrate your motivation and drive to pursue graduate studies.
To complete the program you must:
- Complete a research dissertation of significant depth ad creativity
- Complete 30 credit hours of 6000, 7000, or 8000 level letter-grade course work plus an additional 30 hours of the sum of the following: 6000, 7000 or 8000 level courses, S-U graded courses (e.g. seminar, research orientation, directed reading, independent study) and research and dissertation credit hours.
- Create a plan of study
- Complete the seminar requirement
- Successfully complete the general doctoral examination
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.