Ph.D. - Chemical Engineering Auburn University - College of Engineering
You are eligible to apply if:
- Provide transcripts from all institutions attended (the minimum GPA is 3.0 on the 4.0 scale).
- Provide your Graduate Record Examinations score.
- Provide a minimum of three letters of recommendation from former professor and supervisors.
- Present a statement of purpose to demonstrate your motivation and drive to pursue graduate studies.
- Fill out the online graduate application at app.applyyourself.com/?id=auburn-g
(you will be required to create an account)
The application deadline for prospective on-campus students who wish to be considered for a university fellowship (fall semester start only) is January 1. For deadlines for the spring semester starts, please contact us directly as deadlines vary according to the department.
The application deadline for prospective online students is generally 45 days prior to the beginning of the semester in which they wish to start.
To complete the program you must:
- Complete a research dissertation of significant depth ad creativity
- Complete 30 credit hours of 6000, 7000, or 8000 level letter-grade course work plus an additional 30 hours of the sum of the following: 6000, 7000 or 8000 level courses, S-U graded courses (e.g. seminar, research orientation, directed reading, independent study) and research and dissertation credit hours.
- Create a plan of study
- Complete the seminar requirement
- Successfully complete the general doctoral examination
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.